The club is now seeking to appoint a General Manager to oversee all aspects of the club business in a highly efficient and effective manner providing service excellence and meeting the expectations of members, guests, and staff.
- Overseeing the management & operation of the Club and implement policies laid out by the Board.
- Motivating and leading a team incorporating Administration & Finance, Green-staff, Front of House & Catering staff at all levels.
- Preparation, development and ongoing analysis of budgets and management accounts.
- Ensuring the course, clubhouse and other facilities are always presented to the highest standards for members and visitors.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing, and equality legislation.
- Managing and implementing the club's marketing and social media strategy ensuring strong member retention, attraction of new members and generation of visitor income.
- Acting as ‘the face of the Club’ by representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties.
- Responsible for compiling all documents to be issued to all Directors for monthly meetings whilst being responsible for taking notes and writing up the minutes of each management meeting and issuing onto the Club website after approval.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- First class communication, leadership, motivation, and diplomacy skills.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Sound working knowledge of basic agronomy, course presentation and management.
- IT skills with a detailed understanding of club management systems (IG) and software.
- Well organised, efficient management style and strong relationship building skills
- Hospitality skills and front of house charisma.
- Flexible approach to working hours, including weekends & bank holidays when required.
- Ability to manage projects efficiently on time and on budget.
- Previous experience within the golf industry.
- A competitive salary package in line with GCMA guidelines and commensurate with experience.
Please apply by email with a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please CLICK HERE for a full job description